Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gratefulness

I'm sitting here, over-stuffed, grumpy at the irritating people still left in the house, angry that my boyfriend mis-communicated the amount of time I'd be spending in this near-hell...and so I realized, it's time to make some thank yous. Everyone else seems to love this holiday, whereas I've never had any sort of affection of it. But still, even as there's still a hole in my heart that's shaped like the Crescent City, I've never been so content, so at peace, and so I must have much to over up in thanks and gratitude.

Gracias, gracias, gracias for these things:
*My mother and my father, for always being there with any support imaginable, as well as being people I can laugh and cry with, sympathize and share ideas with.
*My grandpa, for being the center of our family, for working so hard to keep us connected with words and photographs, and for having an impish sense of humor.
*My grandma, for always loving, for being someone who, as I grow older, I look to more and more as a role model.
*My aunties for being interested and engaged in my life, even at a distance (and glad that distance is less now) and for being wise and caring women who I am proud to resemble and also hope to grow to resemble.
*My uncles for always making me smile
*My uncle for being a second dad to me and caring for me even when he can almost not care for himself
*My cousins because we are seeming to relate to one another much more as we age, but yet we are still able to look back on fun shared memories
*My GYM for being my partner in life, the one that I can lean on in any situation, who helps me be able to see the way life can be.
*Ramona for never ever going away, even if she's thought about it, and for being the one that understands the most. My almost-sister.
*K1 and G, who I can see after two years and have it feel like it was yesterday
*My new circle here, for being able to come together with ease and enjoy food, drink, sport, conversations and sitting on the porch.
*My NOLA friends, even though it's been too hard to stay in touch as well as I should. The memories are there and I can't wait to come back and see y'all.
*The fact that NOLA exists
*Being here in Seattle, where I fit, where I feel healthier. Where there is beauty everywhere and I can feel lucky every day just to see the gorgeousness.
*My other friends scattered across the country, who make me wish I had frequent flier miles
*My natural baking and cooking abilities, which I keep discovering, and for having the ability to practice and then share with people
*Encouragement and support while applying to law school
*My Villans and the fun I have learning about soccer
*Leftovers

1 comment:

Julie Ann Duris said...

Great blog. It warms my heart to learn more about how you feel and how you see the world.

One question: What does the Y stand for in Graham name?