Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No Autumn Breeze No Falling Leaves

I love autumn.
I've never been much of a summer girl. I don't like the heat, I don't like bright, I don't like to be hot, I don't like tiny little clothes. I don't even like summer foods.
And today, as the thermometer once again inches up towards 90 degrees, I find myself dreaming of fall.
I'm ready for it. I want scarves, and boots, and cute little jackets. I want to stroll through leaves while sipping a chai latte, looking like I'm ready for my photo op that showcases the beginning of fall. I'm ready for the rains to start, for the grey, for to feel the thrill again when the sky is blue. Because let's face it, when it's blue for days on end, it gets a bit monotonous.
And I'm ready for fall foods. My goodness, I'm ready for fall foods. I want apples. The smell of spiced cider wafting through the house. Butternut squash soup. And pumpkin. Anything pumpkin, I'll eat. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin scones, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin soup, pumpkin curry...
Hurry up fall. I'm waiting.

Until then, I have a fresh batch of tomatoes. It's time to go stain the kitchen red. Tomorrow a post on homemade tomato sauce, perfect for pasta and pizza.

1 comment:

lydia said...

I love soup. That's one thing I can appreciate about NW weather--it makes good for soup.