Saturday, January 02, 2010

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Ugh, New Year and all these earnest resolutions. Aren't they just there to be broken? Yet at the same time, the flipping of the calendar (and the decade) does create a natural space for contemplation. Although 2009 was a marked improvement over 2008, there are still some areas to polish up. So here go my goals:

GOAL: Finish first semester of law school in top quartile of class. Oh, I guess first I would need to choose a law school.
GOAL: Walk the Eugene Half-Marathon on May 2nd. And finish.
GOAL: Create weekly meal plans and stick to them to save money and be healthier and keep the house a bit more sane.
GOAL: Leave the country
GOAL: Be a better sleeper. You laugh, because you think I sleep all the time, but it's never a restful sleep. I need practice because I lack natural talent.
GOAL: Wear a white tank top by July 4th...a strange goal I know, but last July 4 I saw my arms and it spurred me into action.
GOAL: Be one of the top 25 females most knowledgeable about beer...at least, according to ratebeer.com. That's good enough for me.
GOAL: Learn to cook Indian food. I can shovel in the Indian food until I explode but I've yet to learn to make it myself. Uh oh, tummy rumble.
GOAL: Read sixty books this year. I keep track at Good Reads (and if anyone else wants to join up, by all means, as it makes the site more interesting)and I read 57 books in 2009. I would prefer to up it by a bigger margin but there's a rumor that law school involves lots of reading.
GOAL: Own claret and blue shoes. Because I can't set a goal for Villa's GOALS. So I'll need to be content with my Prepared shoes.

No comments: