Thursday, February 11, 2010

Elephant & Castle

There's a song by Houston Calls that I've always identified with--and have used in previous posts. But this time it carries more weight.

"Please just go little girl", the city calls to her
This is your chance, this is your freedom


From the last time that I posted about running off to Europe for a couple weeks, I've made some changes. I know a bit more about my itinerary, for one:
2/14: Land in London (assuming I can leave New Jersey)
2/16: Fly to Zurich
2/18: Fly to Cologne
2/21: Fly to Milan
2/24: Fly to London
And that's when things get a bit crazy...because I'm not flying back to the States until 3/22. That's right. A month in London!

"Please don't go little girl", her father says to her
It won't work out, it won't be easy


The speed with which this all happened is what lets me not dwell on what might not be easy about being away for six weeks. Obviously there will be culture classes and the missing of people and the feeling as though I'm not quite fitting in and the not having of a bed for a month.
But.
I get to live in London.
I get to pretend that it's my home, I get to go off to an office (volunteer, but still!), I get to learn its streets and its pubs and I get to watch football.

Thinking back to the times when
She spent it all dreaming...


It's no secret that my mind has been living in the GMT for months. Now I'm lucky enough that the rest of my self gets to go along. LONDON BABY! The laptop is going, so expect photos will be posted. But don't expect too much out of this blog. I'll be writing furiously on 7500 to Holte, our new Villa blog, as well as in a few other places (I hope). But if you want non-footie news, it's probably best to just stick with my twitter, as I'm thinking I won't be able to throw up big posts often.

LONDON BABY!

No comments: